Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wearing different hats

As women, we touch lives of people we come across. I was thinking about how different my life has changed over the years.

I dreamed about creating.. I became an architect and that's all I thought about. I admired people I worked with , feverishly trying to emulate some. For as long as I was in the workforce, it was a great experience . Then along came our son , and my world has never been the same. It revolved around him , his naps, his feeds, his diaper changes, his baths and the list goes on. Every new parent goes through this and wonders how a tiny person can have such a profound effect on us.

Once I decided to be a stay- at -home mom , my world changed even more ! It was a weird transition from having a day that included conversing with adults and discussing architecture , my son's antics , world news to a day that was for the most part kid related activities and discussions pertaining only to trucks ! I did learn a lot about trucks, though =)

Our daughter came along a few years later and our world has become a lot busier than I remember ! Bless our princess =) And now, that she is past night wakings ( crossing my fingers!) , I find myself thinking about my career and dreams about creating.

Over the years, I have been blessed to have friends from all different walks in life. At school, at work and not at work. I met moms who like me have stayed home to raise their family. I became thick friends with many and still am making friends with many more. What I find amazing is the resilience that each one of them has. Its not a smooth transition going from work to stay at home. But they do it with grace and style !

And then there are moms who balance work and family . How they do it is beyond me ! To be able to go from working woman mode to mom mode without taking a break and still maintaining sanity, is nothing short of a miracle ! Hats off to you , ladies :)

Here's to all the women out there making a difference in the world. It maybe a little late in the week but, Happy International Women's Day ! Better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment